By Daily Sports on March 28, 2020
Nigeria international Anthony Nwakaeme came very close to moving to coronavirus-hit China.
This is according to Trabzonspor president Ahmet Agaoglu, who disclosed that the attacker was set to join an unnamed Chinese club last year.
The Red Sea Storm reacted quickly and offered Nwakaeme a new improved deal which he signed.
Agaoglu revealed that the Turkish side received a €6 million ($ 6.6 million) offer, but they managed to convince the 31-year-old player to stay with Trabzonspor.
“His managers had the thought of sending him to China. We could send him for a serious testimonial fee, but we did not,” Agaoglu said on Goal.
“How much was the offer? They offered €6 million for the transfer, we did not accept it. We made improvements in the salary of the player in line with the club’s possibilities and made him stay.”
This decision has turned out to favourable for Trabzonspor – Nwakaeme has been the second-highest scoring player in Huseyin Cimsir’s team this campaign.
Nwakaeme has hit the back of the net 10 times in 24 Super Lig matches for the Black Sea Storm this season.
However, the competition has been suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak. (African Football)
•PHOTO: Anthony Nwakaeme
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 28, 2020
You may also like...
Sevilla appoint Montella to replace sacked Berizzo
Odey promises more goals glory
Rugby star charged with sexual assault
Plateau United no more within relegation reach –...
Hard Times: Tinubu When‘ll These Pains End
Golden Eaglets set to leave Nigeria for the...

Chelsea's 'best player' Palmer fit to face Arsenal
I’m going to school Paul – Joshua
EPL: Arteta says Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of showdown
Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,608 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,186 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,080 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,923 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,508 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,633 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,199 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,592 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)