By Daily Sports on January 24, 2017
The Football Association has charged Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger with misconduct in the wake of Sunday's game with Burnley.
The Arsenal manager had been sent to the stands by referee Jon Moss for complaining about the decision to award Burnley a penalty.
Wenger had a heated exchange with fourth official Anthony Taylor before walking to stand in the tunnel, and was caught on camera pushing the fourth official before stewards stepped in between the pair.
Wenger, whose team went on to win the game 2-1 with a dramatic and controversial penalty of their own, later apologised for his actions.
The FA confirmed on Monday afternoon that he has been charged.
"Arsene Wenger has been charged for misconduct following Arsenal's game against Burnley on Sunday (22 January 2017)," a statement on the FA website read.
"It is alleged that in or around the 92nd minute, he used abusive and/or insulting words towards the fourth official.
"It is further alleged that following his dismissal from the technical area, his behaviour in remaining in the tunnel area and making physical contact with the fourth official amounted to improper conduct.
"He has until 6pm on 26 January 2017 to respond to the charge."
Wenger said: "I regret everything. I should have shut up, gone in and go home. I apologise for that.
"I was sent to the stands. I didn't know if I was sent to the stands but I was sent out. I thought I could watch it from the corridor, you know. I went inside and watched it on television.
"Look, it was nothing bad. I said something that you hear every day in football. Overall nine times out of 10 you are not sent to the stand for that.
"If I am, I am, and I should have shut up completely. I was quite calm the whole game, more than usual, but just (not) in the last two or three minutes."
Speaking on Ref Watch, Sky Sports' referee expert Dermot Gallagher said: "It's not a good reaction, one that I'm sure will be followed up by the FA. But I must say that the steward has done well there to step in between them.
"Wenger was asked to go away, but he stood his ground and didn't move, that's why this is different. It's always nice to hear somebody apologise, as Wenger has. He said quite rightly afterwards that he shouldn't have opened his mouth." (skysports.com)
•Photo shows Arsene Wenger
Source Daily Sports
Posted January 23, 2017
You may also like...
Osimhen Reveals Drogba, Mikel, And Ighalo Inspiration To...
Ilechukwu admits career on the line against IfeanyiUbah...
Roma Blame €204m Loss On coronavirus
From Adversity To Progress: Young Nigerian Striker Enete...
Messi will finish his career at Barcelona —...
Team Nigeria gear up for Saudi Boxing Games...

Gala fans to honour Osimhen’s late mother
Eagles to play Iran, Jordan in four-nation tourney
First Falcons call-up thrills Erhabor
Ekezie junior claims Defensive MVP award at All-Star camp
Niger-Delta Games: Sports, instrument of unity, empowerment — Tinubu
Draws hold as Niger Delta Games begin Friday
NFF to review Chelle’s $130k request, other demands
Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ
NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,572 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,879 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,787 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,424 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,257 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,127 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,672 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,845 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,375 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,762 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)