By Daily Sports on January 13, 2017
Morgan Schneiderlin has ended his Manchester United exile by sealing a £24million switch to Premier League rivals Everton.
France midfielder Schneiderlin was unable to break into Jose Mourinho's first-team plans at Old Trafford, playing just 11 minutes in the Premier League across three last-gasp substitute appearances.
Signed from Southampton in July 2015, United have allowed Schneiderlin to leave for an initial £20million, with Everton signing the 27-year-old to a four-and-a-half-year deal.
He is the second player to join the Toffees this month, following former Charlton youngster Ademola Lookman in moving to Goodison Park, and links up with Ronald Koeman again after the pair previously worked together at Southampton.
Mourinho said of his impending exit this week: "I'm sad and I'm happy. I'm sad because I like him and he could be an option for us in a long season. I'm happy because this is what he wants, he wants to play every game and wants to be an important player in the team.
Schneiderlin told Everton's official website: "Everton is a big club in the history of English football. I've always loved the atmosphere in the stadium.
"I've always liked playing here. I can't wait to play and to represent this great club.
"There is a manager in place here that I know, I know he can get the best out of me, I know his style and how he likes to play football. He was very good with me from the start and I enjoyed playing football under him.
"When I spoke with the manager and the people in place at Everton I understood immediately that they have a very good plan for the future of the football club.
"I just want to play football. I want to put my print on this club and do everything to get Everton where it belongs." (goal.com)
•Photo shows Morgan Schneiderlin
Source Daily Sports
Posted January 13, 2017
You may also like...
Jose Mourinho in trouble for swearing
Rooney hits out at 'disgraceful' media after England...
Greenwood Saga: Ten Hag warns Man Utd against...
Rangers, Kano Pillars, El-Kanemi, Heartland, Sunshine Stars, Plateau...
South Africa committed to hosting 2022 Commonwealth Games...
Mohamed Salah Named PFA Player of the Month...

Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists
Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly
Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat
Chelle eyes foreign Eagles to strengthen Nigerian team
Nobody'll Stop Me From Contesting 2027 Election, Obi Vows -Even If It Holds in Their Bedroom -Assures Youths Of Accountability In Governance
FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate
Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status
Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival
56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,562 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,868 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,779 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,418 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,333 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,252 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,120 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,668 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,838 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,368 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,760 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,228 views)