By Daily Sports Nigeria on December 6, 2022
Cristiano Ronaldo will sign a contract for Saudi Arabian side Al-Nassr on January 1, according to reports in Spain.
The Portuguese superstar looks to have finally found himself a new club following his dramatic exit from Manchester United just two days before the start of the World Cup.
The deal is understood to be one of the most lucrative in sports history and could see the five-time Ballon d’Or winner net close to €200m (£172m) per season.
According to MARCA, Ronaldo is set to sign a deal with Saudi Arabian side Al-Nassr at the start of next month, Daily Mail gathered.
The outlet claim that the initial deal will be worth close to 100m (£86m) but will be incentivised by further agreements such as advertisement and sponsorship deals.
The 37-year-old became a free agent at the end of last month after his fractured relationship with club chiefs worsened when he made a number of controversial statements in a TV interview with Piers Morgan.
The forward has made no comments over his future during the World Cup campaign – where his Portugal side find themselves in the round of 16 – but it seems he’s been working behind the scenes to get a deal done.
Al-Nassr are one of the most successful clubs in Saudi Arabia, having being crowned winners of the country’s top flight nine times, with their most recent triumph coming in 2019.
In both 2020 and 2021, Al-Nassr may not have won the league, but they did manage to win the Saudi Super Cup.
The club, however, have struggled to make a splash on the global scene, but they did compete in the Club World Cup in the 1999-2000 season.
That year they played against Real Madrid in their group, losing 3-1, with Nicolas Anelka and Raul among the scorers for the Spanish giants.
The Saudi giants also currently have a few big-name stars of the past in the form of former Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina, Brazilian midfielder Luiz Gustavo and Cameroon striker Vincent Aboubakar – who scored a contender for goal of the tournament at the Qatar World Cup last week.
They play at Mrsool Park, which has a capacity of 25,000, a huge reduction on playing in front of 74,310 at Old Trafford.
Their chairman, Musalli Almuammar, was previously the president of the entire division, the Saudi Pro League, between March 2018 and March 2020.
He now has an advisory role for the General Entertainment Authority, a government department that regulates the entertainment industry in Saudi Arabia.
Sportsmail exclusively revealed earlier this month that Ronaldo would kiss goodbye to £16million after it was confirmed that he had left Manchester United by mutual consent with immediate effect earlier this month following his explosive two-part interview with Morgan on TalkTV.
His departure led to plenty of speculation, although Premier League rivals Chelsea had also cooled their interest in Ronaldo since his bombshell interview where he slammed United’s owner and manager Erik ten Hag.
Bayern Munich Chief Executive Officer Oliver Kahn also ruled out a move for Ronaldo last month following the Portugal star becoming a free agent.
“We have already dealt with this,” Kahn told Sky Sport Germany. “We have a clear idea, a clear philosophy of how our squad should be put together.
“We all appreciate him, there’s no discussion.
“We all love Cristiano Ronaldo, but that’s something that doesn’t fit into our idea.”
Source Punch Ng
Posted December 6, 2022
You may also like...
Man City's Dias ruled out for 'three or...
Juventus Make De Ligt World’s Most Expensive Defender...
Amusan out as WA unveils Athlete of The...
Osimhen Simply Unstoppable — Inter Legend Warns
Lingard Helps West Ham Top Leeds To Go...
Kano Pillars Team Manager Dies After Protracted Illness,...

Chelsea's 'best player' Palmer fit to face Arsenal
I’m going to school Paul – Joshua
EPL: Arteta says Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of showdown
Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,608 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,185 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,080 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,922 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,503 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,632 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,199 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,590 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)