Ronaldo Confident Of Champions League Turnaround

By Daily Sports on February 29, 2020

Cristiano Ronaldo says Juventus are not worried about being eliminated from the Champions League despite losing to Lyon in their round of 16 first leg.

The Ligue 1 side pulled off arguably the biggest upset in the competition so far when they beat Maurizio Sarri’s men 1-0 on Wednesday.

Lucas Tousart scored the only goal of the game as the Bianconeri set several unwanted records at both ends of the pitch.

The evening also saw Lyon beat Juventus in European competition for the very first time, having lost three of their previous four such encounters and managing just a single draw.

Juve welcome their French opponents to Turin in the return leg in mid-March, and their star forward is confident that the hosts can progress to the next stage of the competition.

“We’re not worried about exiting the Champions League,” said Ronaldo.

“It’s the most difficult competition there is in this sport. I'm impatient to play the return leg at Allianz Stadium.

“I’m convinced that we will qualify.”

Juventus suffered their first defeat of their European campaign at the hands of Lyon after going unbeaten in the group stages, winning five and drawing once in Group D.

Their campaign began with a dramatic 2-2 draw at Atletico Madrid, with Sarri’s side then beating Bayer Leverkusen and Lokomotiv Moscow both home and away to clinch top spot.

Ronaldo has two goals in the competition this time around, but sits top of the all-time leaderboard with 128, 14 ahead of Barcelona forward Lionel Messi. (Goal)

•PHOTO: Cristiano Ronaldo 

Source Daily Sports

Posted February 29, 2020


 

You may also like...
Real Madrid regains top spot in world football...

Coffin dancer: I Would Like To Carry Ronaldinho...

Errol Spence: I want to be last man...

UEFA Nations LEAGUE:Turkey come from 2 goals down...

Khabib offered huge sum for McGregor rematch

Chukwueze and Dele-Bashiru Make Golden Boy Shortlist

 

Latest News Gala fans to honour Osimhen’s late mother Eagles to play Iran, Jordan in four-nation tourney First Falcons call-up thrills Erhabor Ekezie junior claims Defensive MVP award at All-Star camp Niger-Delta Games: Sports, instrument of unity, empowerment — Tinubu Draws hold as Niger Delta Games begin Friday NFF to review Chelle’s $130k request, other demands Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,572 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,879 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,787 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,424 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,257 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,127 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,672 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,845 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,376 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,762 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media