By Daily Sports on March 9, 2019
Tottenham will play the first competitive fixture at their new stadium in the first week of April.
Spurs were scheduled to move to the new White Hart Lane stadium in September but construction has been delayed.
Who their first opponents are hinges on Brighton’s FA Cup campaign.
If Brighton beat Millwall in the FA Cup on 17 March, Crystal Palace will be Spurs’ visitors on 3 April, but if the Seagulls are knocked out, they will be the opposition on 6 or 7 April.
Tottenham said they have worked with the Premier League, Brighton and Palace to ensure the first competitive fixture at the stadium will be a league encounter.
Manager Mauricio Pochettino has said he expects to play their Champions League quarter-final home leg at the venue on 9/10 or 16/17 April, following the draw on 15 March.
Prior to getting the green light for competitive matches, Spurs said in a statement that two test events “with increasing levels of attendance” must be staged “in order to achieve a formal safety certificate”.
An under-18s fixture with Southampton on 24 March will allow for a capacity of around 30,000, before a legends match on 30 March will see around 45,000 fans admitted to the venue.
Chairman Daniel Levy has previously apologised to fans for delays to the completion of the stadium, which has a capacity of 62,062 and is located on the site of their old White Hart Lane home.
The new stadium – which was expected to cost around £750m – will also stage NFL matches, with Levy stating it would “redefine sports and entertainment experiences”.
Spurs have played their 2018-19 fixtures at Wembley Stadium, amassing a record of nine wins and a draw from 14 home league matches.
If they do get the necessary safety certificate following the test events, they will not play another fixture at Wembley. (SuperSport)
•Photo shows Tottenham New Stadium
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 9, 2019
You may also like...
Whyte ready to fight Joshua
Barcelona Eye Rudiger Move In January
Eguma, Ovoke confident Rivers Utd on path of...
Guardiola Wants To Stay At Man City Beyond...
Napoli prepare bumper contract for Osimhen
CHAN 2018: Nigeria on a wobbly start

Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen
Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket
LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos
Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau
Ezechukwu eyes double gold in African Champs
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,780 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,102 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,041 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,625 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,543 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,444 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,839 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,027 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,525 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,948 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,399 views)