By Daily Sports on January 21, 2017
Striker Diego Costa wants to stay at Chelsea and will be available for Sunday's Premier League game against Hull City, says manager Antonio Conte.
Costa, 28, was left out of last week's win at Leicester after a disagreement with a fitness coach, amid widespread reports of interest from Chinese clubs.
Chelsea said his omission was due to a back injury, and that training alone for two days was part of his recovery.
"He is very happy to play with us. I don't see any problem," said Conte.
"I heard a lot of speculation about Diego, but now the most important thing is he trained with us this week, he does not have any pain in his back and can play.
"He is an important player for us and we all know this. When he stays in good form he has always played with me."
In the days leading up to Chelsea's 3-0 win at Leicester, Costa was linked with a move to China worth a reported £30m a year.
The owner of Chinese Super League club Tianjin Quanjian said he would like to sign Costa, but new rules limiting the use of foreign players had forced a rethink.
BBC Sport understands Chelsea do not wish to sell Costa and the Blues' top scorer this season is under contract until June 2019.
Conte did not confirm if Costa - who has played 99 times for the club - would start against Hull.
But he said the Spain international reaching 100 appearances would be a "fantastic" achievement.
Asked if he would like Costa to sign a new contract, Conte added: "Now is better to be focused on the present, not the future."
Chelsea are seven points clear at the top of the Premier League before Sunday's visit of 18th-placed Hull.
Meanwhile, Conte said the club are "evaluating" an offer for goalkeeper Asmir Begovic.
He added the 29-year-old Bosnia international, who has been linked with a move to Bournemouth, is a "very important member of the squad". (bbc.co.uk)
•Photo shows Diego Costa and Antonio Conte
Source Daily Sports
Posted January 21, 2017
You may also like...
Juve Slip To Last-gasp Defeat At Home To...
Falconets Beat Lionesses 3-0 Book A Place In...
Derby Win The Highlight Of My United Career...
Ahmed Musa to play Vardy role for Leicester?...
Muhammed Ali planned own funeral
Kroos Shines As Germany Book Euro 2020 Place...

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,388 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,632 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,205 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)