By Daily Sports on November 5, 2021
Newcastle are close to an agreement with Eddie Howe to become the club's new manager, BBC Sport understands.
It is hoped the former Bournemouth boss will be in charge for Saturday's Premier League match at Brighton.
Howe, 43, has not been in management since he left the Cherries in August 2020 following the club's relegation from the top flight.
The Magpies had approached Villarreal manager Unai Emery to succeed Steve Bruce, but he turned them down.
Howe is familiar with Newcastle players Callum Wilson, Ryan Fraser and Matt Ritchie from his time at Bournemouth, having led the club from League One to the Premier League, where they stayed for five seasons.
Bruce left Newcastle by mutual consent two weeks ago just 13 days after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of the club was completed.
Since then, Graeme Jones has been in interim charge and the Tyneside club have drawn with Crystal Palace and been beaten by Chelsea under him.
Newcastle are winless in 10 Premier League games this season and, with four points, are second from bottom.
"Eddie Howe has good stock in the footballing world, in footballing circles," said ex-England striker and BBC Sport pundit Dion Dublin.
"He plays good stuff and he coaches very well. The players that play under him seem to enjoy playing for him.
"If they were to get Eddie, I don't think it is a bad thing at all. It would be a very good appointment." (BBC)
•PHOTO: Newcastle's prospective manager Eddie Howe
Source Daily Sports
Posted November 5, 2021
You may also like...
Manchester City Star Mendy Charged With Rape
Warri Wolves Former Coach Joins Akwa United
Efe Yarhere Targets More Goals for Heartland, Says...
Lucas Torreira Prepared To Return To Arsenal
Stephen Keshi Football and Vocational Training Centre Gets...
Hazard set for Chelsea return against Palace —...

Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,282 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,882 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,636 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,045 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,585 views)