By Daily Sports on March 13, 2020
Cristiano Ronaldo has been in quarantine in Madeira for several days but is not showing any symptoms of the coronavirus contracted by a Juventus teammate, local authorities in Portugal said on Thursday.
“Ronaldo left Italy a few days ago and his isolation hasn’t just started now,” said Pedro Ramos, a member of the Madeira regional government in charge of health.
“Both the athlete and his family are symptomless,” he added during a news conference.
Juventus and Italy defender Daniele Rugani tested positive for the Covid-19 virus on Wednesday, although the club said he was not exhibiting any symptoms.
“The players, members of staff and all those who came into contact (with Rugani) are in voluntary isolation. Ronaldo... is in Madeira and is staying there until further notice,” the Serie A club told AFP.
Ronaldo travelled to his home town of Madeira last week to visit his mother who suffered a stroke.
“The player visited his mother because the health services were able to guarantee all the safety conditions, for him but also for everyone who has been in contact with him,” said Ramos.
Portugal on Wednesday suspended flights to and from Italy until March 24 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Portuguese health authorities on Thursday reported a total of 78 infections in the country. (SuperSport)
•PHOTO: Cristiano Ronaldo
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 13, 2020
You may also like...
SWAN Cup 2016 will be bigger and better...
Joshua picks Usyk to beat Fury in rematch...
Di Maria Signs PSG Contract Extension
Baines relies on science to prolong career
Atalanta Stun Winter Champions AC Milan
NFF Confirms Receipt Of $1m FIFA COVID-19 Palliatives...

Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,034 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,390 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,281 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,881 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,759 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,635 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,531 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,042 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,251 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,720 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)