By Daily Sports on February 26, 2018
Undefeated heavyweight prospect Daniel Dubois (7-0, 7 KOs) picked up his 7th consecutive knockout in stopping previously unbeaten 36-year-old journeyman DL Jones (8-1-1) in the 3rd round last Saturday night at York Hall, Bethnal Green in London, UK.
Dubois, 20, knocked the 6’5” Jones down with a right hand in the 3rd round. Referee Robert Williams then stopped the fight. The time of the stoppage was at 2:23 of round 3.
This wasn’t one of the better looking performances from the 6’5”, 238 pound Dubois. Jones was smothering Dubois early on by getting in close, clinching, wrestling and not giving him room to get leverage on his shots. Dubois responded initially by shoving, pulling down on the back of Jones’ head, and trying to back away to get space to deliver his power shots.
“I want to be the best,” Dubois said after the fight. “I have to keep working hard on improvements. He was awkward. He was tough. He was game and he brought a good challenge to me. I had to calm down, relax and stick to my boxing a bit. In the first round and a couple of rounds, I was a bit wild, but I maintained my composure and got the job done. Once there’s an opening and I have a chance, I go for it straightaway. Definitely, I’ll take on all challenges. When I’m fully prepared, I’ll take on all challenges and I’ll be confident of overcoming all of them,” Dubois said.
•Photo shows Daniel Dubois.
Source Daily Sports
Posted February 26, 2018
You may also like...
llechukwu shocked at FCIU defeat
Gbenga Ogubote Hopes His Table-Topping Remo Stars Can...
Chelsea sale: Boston Celtics owner Stephen Pagliuca is...
Tottenham To Bid £50M For Sevilla Defender Kounde...
Man City May Sign Winger Torres From Valencia...
For Young Nigerian Football Talents, Here Comes Another...

Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report
SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,632 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,204 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)