NFF. Siasia crisis unnecessary – Disu

By Daily Sports on August 31, 2016

Former Flying Eagles defender, Tajudeen Disu, has described as unfortunate the controversy surrounding the resignation of Coach Samson Siasia from the U-23 Eagles.

He said the exchange of words between the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Siasia whether or not he resigned or has served out his contract was uncalled for.

Siasia called it quit with the U-23 team recently, citing maltreatment suffered by the players and himself before and during the Olympics. He, however, vowed not to coach in the country again except the current NFF structure is out.


Speaking with The Guardian yesterday, Disu said that crisis like this happens when the country’s football federation is govern by those who have no business being there in the first place.

“When you have a set of people overseeing the football federation the way the NFF is doing, you do not expect much to come out good in terms of results of our matches in any of our teams. Siasia deserves more than he is getting now from these people who have no business in football management.

“Each time the NFF is looking for someone to rescue them out of a tight corner, the person that is always available will be Siasia. He has not been accorded the same respect ex-internationals in other countries in Europe, even in Africa deserve. No member of the NFF had ever played the game or coach any team before. So they might not really know the implication of what they are doing,” he said.

The former captain of the defunct Abiola Babes of Abeokuta queried why members of the NFF should get their salaries and allowances while those who are the reason why they are there in the first place are being owed. He said: “These people who run football in this country get their allowances and estacode paid while the players’ allowances are delayed and that of the coaches not paid on time with all manner of excuses. This is not really encouraging for the growth of our football.

“I believe our boys at Rio Olympics would have done more than they did in the football event if everything had been done properly. With the right incentives in place, our boys would have been able to achieve more than they did. They would have been on their toes, knowing fully well that the hope of the country was on them, when you consider the pedigree Nigeria has in the age group competition,” he concluded.

•With reference to ngrguardiannews.com. Photo shows Samson Siasia

 

 

 

Source Daily Sports

Posted August 31, 2016


 

You may also like...
Ex-Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner sentenced to 50 days...

Rodrigo Signs Four-Year Deal With Leeds For Club-Record...

Nadal Beats Kyrgios To Reach Australian Open Last...

Hamilton On Pole As Mercedes Sweep Spanish GP...

Nigeria can win Germany – Peterside

Even in defeat, Iceland can teach the soccer...

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,320 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,490 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,474 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,075 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,060 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,057 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,874 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,420 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,531 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,134 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,573 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,994 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media