However, having won bronze in the marathon at the Games in August, the 27-year-old on Thursday conceded that the schedule had been "a lot harder than I thought it was going to be".
Seidel is one of 13 Tokyo Olympians and 15 Paralympians competing in the 50th New York City Marathon after setting aside the typical window for rest, recuperation and training that an elite distance runner would normally schedule.
"Originally when we signed on to this, in my mind three months is like, 'Oh, that's so much time'," Seidel told reporters.
"Then with – obviously everything that happened at the Games, just the emotional and physical toll coming off of that – it took a little bit longer to kind of get back into the swing of things."
With many marathon runners - from the elites to the novices - usually allowing at least 12 weeks to build up their mileage, the 13-week turnaround is an eye-popping achievement.
Olympic champion Peres Jepchirchir of Kenya said she was motivated by the chance to compete in her "dream race" - after watching compatriot and mentor Mary Keitany win in New York four times - and that opting out was simply not in the cards.
"I was preparing mentally because I knew after the Olympics I was going to be coming to run in the New York City Marathon," Jepchirchir, 28, told reporters.
Rio 2016 Olympian Jared Ward, who did not compete in the 2020 Games but is aiming for a podium spot on Sunday, said it was unwise to count out any Olympic runners attempting the gruelling schedule, with their fine-tuned endurance an advantage.
"That would be a tough turnaround for me," said the 33-year-old American. "There’s a lot of people that can do it, so I don’t think I count any of those runners out. They were in (the Olympics marathon in) Sapporo, so they’re good."
Abdi Nageeye, who won silver for the Netherlands at the Tokyo Games, told reporters he did not take much downtime, with his medal a target on his back for teammates and rivals alike.
"For us, it’s just that moment with the media and things, and then you have to go back," the 32-year-old said. "You can’t just sit there." (Reuters)

Plymouth striker Oseni shocked by Nigeria call-up
African athletes possess NFL traits in abundance — Umenyiora
AFCON 2027: Udeze warns Chelle not to underestimate opponents
Joshua, Fury in contract stalemate
Agunbiade emerges Nigeria’s lone survivor at WTT Lagos
Nigeria call-up boosted my confidence – Alebiosu
First Eagles invite thrills Rangers’ Oputa
270 athletes begin journey to stardom in Edo
Itauma unfazed by Usyk threat
Arsenal win English Premier League after Man City draw at Bournemouth
AFCON qualifiers: Nigeria face Madagascar, Tanzania, G’Bissau
FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,792 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,114 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,071 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,636 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,550 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,455 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,288 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,849 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,035 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,532 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,960 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,406 views)