By Daily sports on April 25, 2021
Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group has rejected a £3bn offer from the Middle East to sell.
The offer was made to FSG prior to the announcement on Sunday night that principal owner John W. Henry had been involved in talks to take Liverpool into the ill-fated European Super League, reports the Mirror.
Following anger aimed at FSG in the wake of the failed Super League plot there are other potential bidders waiting in the wings to see if the stance of Henry and Liverpool chairman Tom Werner changes as a result of the enormous criticism they face.
FSG took charge of Liverpool in 2010, buying the club for around £300m to end the reign of the deeply unpopular Tom Hicks and George Gillett at Anfield, the American duo having left the Reds on a financial cliff edge by the time their exit arrived.
The Reds have been turned into a profitable business valued at £2bn most recently, and the hiring of Jurgen Klopp in 2015 has seen them claim silverware in the Champions League in 2019 and the Premier League in 2020 - their first English league title in 30 years. (Tribal Football)
•PHOTO: Liverpool players
Source Daily sports
Posted April 25, 2021
You may also like...
Barca Can’t Rely On Messi Magic — Rivaldo...
Whyte eager to avenge Joshua loss
Gernot Rohr responds to Jose Mourinho’s World Cup...
CHAN Disaster: My boys gave their best —Oliseh...
Owner Abramovich Still Passionate About Chelsea, Says Luiz...
I do not regret joining Leicester City says...

NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,567 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,872 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,786 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,420 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,336 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,256 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,123 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,670 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,842 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,371 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,231 views)