Chelsea Target Havertz Wants To Take ‘Next Step’

By Daily sports on August 16, 2020

Bayer Leverkusen CEO Fernando Carro says that Chelsea target Kai Havertz wants to take "the next step" in his career.

Havertz has emerged as one of the most talented young players in Europe since graduating to Leverkusen's senior squad in 2016.

The 21-year-old has provided 46 goals and 31 assists in his 150 outings for the Bundesliga outfit, earning a regular spot in Germany's national team in the process.

Peter Bosz's side finished fifth in the league last term, while also reaching the DFB-Pokal final and the quarter-finals of the Europa League, with Havertz widely considered to have been the driving force behind their push for silverware across multiple fronts.

He scored his 18th goal of the season in Leverkusen's defeat to Inter in their European tie on Monday, which is expected to be his last appearance for the club.

The likes of Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester United have all been linked with Havertz in recent months, but Chelsea are thought to be leading the race for his signature.

Goal has reported that the Blues have been in contact with Leverkusen to discuss a potential €76 million (£69m/$90m) deal, as Frank Lampard looks to continue a summer spending spree which has already seen Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech arrive at Stamford Bridge.

Although a final agreement has yet to be reached between the two clubs as Leverkusen continue to hold out for a fee of at least €100 million (£90m/$118m) for Havertz, Carro has now admitted that the prized asset has his heart set on a move.

The Leverkusen chief told German newspaper Kolner Stadt-Anzeiger: "It has always been clear that there will be talks once the Europa League is over for us. Still, there is no formal offer yet.

"Kai has told us about his desire to make the next step. Whether that can be materialised soon, I can't say at the moment.

"There are several clubs who have Kai in their plans for the future."

Bosz hinted that a final decision on Haverz's future was imminent earlier this month, telling Deutschen Presse-Agentur when quizzed on the midfielder's current situation: "I know what he wants to do, but of course I'm not going to give it away, it's up to him.

"Perhaps the crucial call will come today, maybe next week, maybe not at all." (Goal)

•PHOTO: Kai Havertz 

 

Source Daily sports

Posted August 16, 2020


 

You may also like...
Mourinho: I won't be the Special One if...

NFF Bans U-17 Players With Agents

Akwa Utd to test Plateau's might in Jos...

Joshua trainer wanted to leave Camp first week...

Boxing legend and Mayor of Kiev Vitali Klitschko...

Ronaldinho Set For August 24 Release

 

Latest News NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,567 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,873 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,786 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,421 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,256 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,124 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,671 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,842 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,371 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,232 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media