Project Restart: Premier League Plan Surprise Inspection Of Clubs

By Daily Sports on May 19, 2020

Surprise inspections, GPS tracking and video analysis are methods that could be used to ensure clubs adhere to new safety guidance as they prepare for the resumption of the Premier League.

Teams agreed to start non-contact training in small groups from Tuesday.

“Gradually, we aim to ramp that up so we can have an inspector at every training ground,” said Richard Garlick, the league’s director of football.

“That will enable us to give confidence the protocols are being complied with.”

He added: “We are looking at bringing in our own independent audit inspection team that we’ll scale up over the next few days which will give us the ability to have inspections at training grounds to start with on a no-notice basis.”

After Monday’s ‘Project Restart’ meeting with clubs, Richard Masters, Premier League’s chief executive, also revealed that a trophy presentation for the title winners, likely to be Liverpool, remains part of the plans.

He said: “We would try to do it unless it wasn’t possible because of safety concerns.”

At the meeting, Premier League clubs agreed to stage one of the return-to-training protocols. As well as training in small groups of no more than five, sessions must last no longer than 75 minutes for each player. Social distancing must be adhered to.

The first stage “has been agreed in consultation with players, managers, club doctors, independent experts and the government”.

The league had previously identified 12 June for matches to possibly start again, but there is now an expectation this will need to be pushed back.

A Premier League statement added: “Strict medical protocols of the highest standard will ensure everyone returns to training in the safest environment possible.

“The health and wellbeing of all participants is the Premier League’s priority, and the safe return to training is a step-by-step process.

“Full consultation will now continue with players, managers, clubs, the PFA [Professional Footballers’ Association] and LMA [League Managers’ Association] as protocols for full-contact training are developed.”

All Premier League clubs carried out coronavirus tests on Sunday and Monday and the Premier League will announce on Tuesday how many, if any, positive tests were recorded.

On Monday, the Premier League’s medical adviser Mark Gillett said that discussions will take place in the coming weeks over whether clubs would have to isolate in a hotel for 14 days before play resumes, as happened in Germany before the Bundesliga restart.

Also on Monday, a survey of 138 Premier League and English Football League doctors and physiotherapists found more than half “do not fully understand their roles, responsibilities and potential liabilities” regarding return to training.


Source Daily Sports

Posted May 19, 2020


 

You may also like...
FIFA approves prize money increase for 2019 Women's...

Chelsea forward Eden Hazard's move to Real Madrid...

Ronaldo signs €200m Al Nassr deal

Ajayi On Target As West Brom Hold Liverpool...

Arsenal Hopeful Of £22m Gabriel Deal

Coach plots Argentina downfall

 

Latest News Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,783 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,103 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,046 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,627 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,543 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,445 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,841 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,028 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,952 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,400 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media