Five Members Of Valencia Squad Test Positive For Coronavirus

By Daily Sports on March 16, 2020

Five members of the playing squad and staff of La Liga club Valencia have tested positive for the coronavirus, the Spanish side said on Sunday.

"Valencia CF inform that five positive cases of the Covid-19 coronavirus have been detected among first-team staff and players," the club said in a statement.

“All of these persons are now at home, in good health and obeying self-isolation measures.”

Earlier on Sunday, Valencia and Argentina defender Ezequiel Garay became the first La Liga player to confirm he has the virus.

“It’s clear that I have got off to the wrong start in 2020. I’ve tested positive for the coronavirus, I feel very good and now I just have to listen to the health authorities and for now remain isolated,” he wrote on Instagram.

The 33-year-old was already ruled out for the remainder of the season after suffering a knee injury in February.

Valencia travelled to Milan last month for a Champions League match at Atalanta played in front of a packed San Siro stadium, before restrictions were placed on sports events in Italy.

A Valencia-based radio journalist who travelled to the match tested positive for the virus the following week.

The second leg of the tie, which Valencia lost 8-4 on aggregate, was ordered to be played without spectators at the club’s Mestalla stadium.

In line with most major sports worldwide, all organised football in Spain has been postponed for at least two weeks in a bid to prevent further spread of the virus. Spain is the second worst-affected country in Europe after Italy. (SuperSport)

•PHOTO: Valencia players 

Source Daily Sports

Posted March 16, 2020


 

You may also like...
ANFASSC Storms Garoua With 500 Fans For Eagles...

Miller vows to retire Joshua in 2024

Al Ahly Win CAF Super Cup In Dramatic...

Rohr unhappy as floodlight disappoints during Super Eagles...

Messi Return Not Enough to Save Argentina from...

US Open: Roger Federer confident about fitness

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,319 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,489 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,473 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,074 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,058 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,056 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,872 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,419 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,530 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,133 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,571 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,993 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media