By Daily Sports on October 30, 2019
Eden Hazard admits that he had made his mind up to leave Chelsea in 2018 – a full year before he ultimately completed his move to Real Madrid.
Speculation swirled over the Belgium international attacker’s future at Stamford Bridge for months before a deal was eventually completed, and the 28-year-old concedes that the reports were not simply a case of smoke without fire.
He was, however, happy to remain with the Blues for a further year, winning the Europa League before completing a £130 million ($167m) switch to Spain.
“I’d already made my mind up after the World Cup and I said to myself: ‘I have to join Real Madrid now’,” he told Real Madrid TV. “That wasn’t possible and I spent another year at Chelsea and that made my departure easier. The club understood it and allowed me to leave.”
Hazard confirms that chats with international colleague, and former Chelsea team-mate, Thibaut Courtois were instrumental in the forward taking the plunge to complete a long-harboured ambition.
“My dream was always to play for Real Madrid, the greatest team in the world, and so far I'm happy,” the former Lille star said.
“Courtois always told me that this was the best club.
“I also spoke to [Luka] Modric and got the impression that they all wanted to see me at Real Madrid and it finally happened.”
Hazard has not enjoyed the best start to life in Spain, where he has mustered only one goal and two assists across the Primera Division and the Champions League. (Goal)
•PHOTO: Eden Hazard
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 30, 2019
You may also like...
Klopp Plans One Year Break from Football
Victor Moses Leaves Chelsea To Join Spartak Moscow...
FIFA Appoints Emergency Committee To Run Egyptian Football...
Reinstate me and retire me, I will still...
Osimhen Returns To Training Ahead Of Bologna Clash...
Joshua-Ruiz Rematch Set for New York or Cardiff...

Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen
Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket
LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos
Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau
Ezechukwu eyes double gold in African Champs
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,781 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,102 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,041 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,625 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,543 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,444 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,839 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,027 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,525 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,948 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,399 views)