Rohr Speaks on Moses and Mikel’s Super Eagles Future

By Daily Sports on March 12, 2019

Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr has spoken of the international futures for John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses.

Neither player was named in the Super Eagles’ squad for their upcoming matches against the Seychelles and Egypt. The former is a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier, while the latter is a friendly. Both games will be played in Asaba.

Moses remains retired from international football, calling time on his Nigeria career after the 2018 World Cup in Russia last year.

There was speculation that he could return to the Super Eagles set up after showing some fine form for loan club Fenerbahce, and Rohr is open to the player resuming his international career.

Speaking to the official website of Confederation of African Football, Rohr said: “I was against his international retirement and, if he changed his mind, he must tell me but I have no information about it. We'll see.”

On the situation of his captain John Obi Mikel, who was omitted from the latest selection, the German manager added: “He has arrived in Middlesbrough recently. He told me he was not ready and needs to work after his knee injury in China.

“He did not play all winter either. He is not ruled out for the AFCON but could not make that match in Asaba. We will see for the future.”  (African Football)

•Photo shows Mikel and Victor Moses

Source Daily Sports

Posted March 12, 2019


 

You may also like...
Simone Magill: The Everton Women and Northern Ireland...

Sharapova to make grasscourt return in Birmingham

BRIDGE BUILDERS

Leicester City Coach, Teammate Shower Praises On Iheanacho...

EPL big guns get easy FA Cup draw...

Brighton sign Nigeria defender Leon Balogun

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,320 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,490 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,474 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,075 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,060 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,057 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,874 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,420 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,531 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,134 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,572 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,994 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media