Anthony Joshua on Deontay Wilder Fight: ‘I’m gonna F--k him up bad’

By Daily Sports on May 22, 2018

Anthony Joshua was blunt about what he plans to do in the ring against Deontay Wilder should they reach an agreement on a fight.

“I’m gonna rain down hell on him,” Joshua said Sunday during an interview with Welsh radio host Polly James in Cardiff, Wales (via TMZ Sports). “I’m gonna f--k him up bad.”

Before Joshua has an opportunity to back up his words, he still needs to finalise a deal with Wilder, and at least one potential hurdle remains.

In the same interview, Joshua explained how he’d want to fight in the United Kingdom in order to be in front of his home fans. He also believes staying in the U.K. would help avoid controversy regarding the outcome.

“And number two, if I go [to the United States], there’s a lot of tricks that they play in terms of referees and judges and that’s why I want to be at home where I’m secure,” Joshua said (h/t CBS Sports’ Brian Campbell ).

The Los Angeles Times’ Lance Pugmire reported last week Joshua’s camp may have strong incentive to give in regarding the location of the bout. According to Pugmire, Wilder’s managers, Al Haymon and Shelly Finkel, are prepared to guarantee $50 million for Joshua if he fights in the U.S., and the offer is off the table if the event takes place overseas.

Joshua vs. Wilder has the potential to be a major moneymaker. ESPN.com’s Dan Rafael ranked them as the No. 1 and 2 heavyweights, respectively, and neither boxer has tasted defeat as a professional. In addition, fans could count on plenty of excitement in the ring, considering Joshua and Wilder have registered 59 combined knockouts in 61 fights.

•Photo: Anthony Joshua

Source Daily Sports

Posted May 22, 2018


 

You may also like...
Liverpool and Arsenal Chasing Deal For Sanches

DeGale vs Jack: Smith backs DeGale to set...

Liverpool Best In England and Europe — Rodri...

West Ham Set To Sign Benrahma

‘Osimhen, Others ‘ll Dazzle For Eagles At Onikan...

Spurs Offer To Sevilla’s Lopetegui Turned Down

 

Latest News Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists Ajagba eyes tougher fights after knocking Martin out Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat Chelle eyes foreign Eagles to strengthen Nigerian team Nobody'll Stop Me From Contesting 2027 Election, Obi Vows -Even If It Holds in Their Bedroom -Assures Youths Of Accountability In Governance FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival 56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,561 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,867 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,779 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,418 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,332 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,252 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,120 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,668 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,838 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,368 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,760 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,228 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media