By Daily Sports Nigeria on June 28, 2025
Manchester United have had an improved bid worth up to £62.5m for Bryan Mbeumo rejected by Brentford.
United have bid £55m plus £7.5m in add-ons for the 25-year-old.
They had a bid of £45m plus up to £10m in add-ons for the Cameroon forward turned down earlier this month.
United are looking to add goals to their side having already signed forward Matheus Cunha from Wolves for £62.5m.
Sources have suggested Brentford would want at least the same fee as Wolves have received for Cunha up front before they agree to the sale of a player who still has a year left on his contract.
Mbeumo scored a career-best 20 goals for Brentford last season and contributed nine assists.
United may face competition from elsewhere, with new Tottenham manager Thomas Frank keen to be reunited with Mbeumo, while there has also been interest from other Champions League clubs.
An international colleague of United goalkeeper Andre Onana, Mbeumo is likely to miss four weeks of the 2025-26 campaign because of Cameroon's participation in the Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco.
Cameroon play Gabon in their opening group game on 24 December.
Mbeumo joined Brentford from French club Troyes in 2019, when the Bees were still in the Championship.
He has scored 70 goals in 242 appearances in all competitions, helping the west London club earn promotion to the top flight in 2021.
Source BBC Sports
Posted June 28, 2025
You may also like...
Osimhen On Target For Napoli
Okocha, Portable set for chaos in the ring...
Rangers NPFL tie a must win - Obaseki...
CHAN: Salisu Yusuf says no cause for alarm...
Chelsea Set For Bayern Munich Clash Today
Ammeh says NPFL target achievable

Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report
SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,029 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,631 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,203 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)