By Daily Sports Nigeria on April 12, 2022
Manchester United will reportedly battle Tottenham Hotspur for the signature of West Bromwich Albion goalkeeper Sam Johnstone this summer.
The England international's contract with the Baggies is due to expire at the end of June, and he is said to be preparing to leave the Championship club on a free transfer.
A number of clubs have been credited with an interest in the stopper, who has kept 15 clean sheets in 36 appearances for West Brom during the 2021-22 campaign.
However, according to Sky Sports News, Man United and Tottenham will go head to head for his signature on a free transfer.
Dean Henderson and Lee Grant could both leave Man United this summer, which would put the Red Devils in the market for a new goalkeeper.
Meanwhile, Tottenham boss Antonio Conte is believed to be keen to sign competition for number one Hugo Lloris during the 2022-23 campaign.
Johnstone previously represented Man United between 2011 and 2018 but never made a first-team appearance for the club, eventually leaving on a permanent basis for West Brom in 2018.
Source FlashSport
Posted April 12, 2022
You may also like...
Real Madrid get Club World Cup semi-final opponents...
Bayern Munich: Jupp Heynckes records first victory
Dortmund Pray For Quick Haaland Recovery
‘We’ll get there,’ says Kane after England splutter...
Fury sends Joshua support, turns down bout after...
Athlete falls into coma after training

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,031 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,528 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,039 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,247 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,206 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)