By Daily Sports Nigeria on March 17, 2022
Sean Raggett has started 35 of Portsmouth’s 37 League One outings so far this season and has played a crucial role at centre back under Danny Cowley.
Pompey have experienced their ups and downs in terms of player availability, but Raggett has been one dependable squad member, crucial to their desires of returning to the Championship.
That ship looks to have sailed for this campaign, leading to some uncertainty around the 28-year-old’s future with his contract expiring in the summer.
Raggett offered his stance on a potential new contract on the South Coast when he spoke to Portsmouth.co.uk.
He said: “No, there’s been no word on any contract talks, so far so we’ll just wait and see.
“I love it here, this is my third season here so it’s definitely something I’d love to do (stay), but it’s out of my hands.
“So I’m probably not the right person to ask about it.
“Ever since I came here on loan, my aim was to get Pompey back into the Championship.
“That’s the only aspiration that I have at the moment.”
Raggett knows Danny Cowley well from his time at Lincoln City and has been integral to their endeavours this term.
Some continuity appears to be essential if Pompey are to build towards a more credible promotion push in 2022/23.
With Clark Robertson and Connor Ogilvie’s injury troubles and Lee Brown’s departure, Raggett has become more crucial than ever this season and it would feel like a step backwards if he was allowed to leave the club for free in the summer.
The 28-year-old’s increased value to the squad could see the player push for an improved contract to reflect his influence on the team, that may cause a stumbling block in negotiations with Pompey not able to compete in the same markets as a number of other clubs in the third tier.
With key players like Jack Whatmough and Tom Naylor departing last summer, it feels important that a repeat exodus of important personnel is not repeated, and it would be mutually beneficial for a contract to be tabled for Raggett in the near future.
Source FlashSport
Posted March 17, 2022
You may also like...
FIFA Ranking: Highest Ranking African Teams In The...
Adesanya Told To Stop Making Excuses For Loss...
Premier League Bans Pre-Match Handshakes Due To Coronavirus...
More African athletes disappear from Commonwealth Games Village...
Remo Stars no threat to us, says Insurance...
PSG Star Diallo Arrested In Connection With Violent...

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,031 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,279 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,879 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,757 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,530 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,039 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,248 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,718 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,206 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)