By Daily sports on May 2, 2021
Andrea Pirlo insisted Saturday he was calm about his job as Juventus coach as the Italian champions’ nine-year reign nears its end.
Inter Milan are set to deny Juve a 10th consecutive crown with the Turin giants now battling for a Champions League spot.
“I’m calm concerning my work,” the 41-year-old former Italy World Cup winner told a press conference before Sunday’s league game at Udinese.
Inter can seal the ‘Scudetto’ this weekend, with Juventus sitting fourth, 13 points behind the leaders, with five games to play.
According to Italian press reports former Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is set to return two years after being sacked.
A visit by John Elkann, CEO of Exor, the holding company of the Agnelli family which owns Juventus, to the team’s training ground this week fuelled speculation of changes.
“I talked to the owners the other day,” revealed Pirlo who took over last summer.
“It’s not the first time they’ve come, it has already happened three or four times and we’ve talked about everything.
“I’m calm about my job, about what I have to do.
“I am not influenced by all these rumours.
“I’m focused on what I have to do and I have to bring the team to the Champions League and try to win the Italian Cup.”
Meanwhile, Pirlo revealed his teenage son Niccolo had been a victim of on-line abuse, as sports bodies boycotted social media this weekend.
“I know what it means to be a public figure, I find nothing new in the insults from people hiding behind a keyboard,” he said.
“I’m sorry for my son, because he has nothing to do with this. I also explained to him to ignore it. This is a social problem which we need to stamp out.” (Reuters)
•PHOTO: Andrea Pirlo
Source Daily sports
Posted May 2, 2021
You may also like...
Super Eagles Ranked 19th Most Valuable National Team,...
Bayern ‘deserved’ to lose, says Nagelsmann
Eagles to Play in Asaba
EPL: Manchester City romp to victory; Arsenal, Tottenham...
Renard denies making Morocco demands
Tokyo Olympics: Oborududu, Brume Lead Team Nigeria Back...

Falcons to get new coach before Olympic qualifier
Okocha bemoans Eagles’ lack of home ground
Ajayi set for Silesia Diamond League showdown
Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,283 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,884 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,637 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,046 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,587 views)