By Daily sports on January 30, 2021
Juventus coach Andrea Pirlo said on Friday it had nothing to do with him if star player Cristiano Ronaldo broke coronavirus rules with a visit to a mountain resort.
“Ronaldo had the day off, he can do what he wants in his private life,” Pirlo said, after Italian media reported the striker defied travel restrictions earlier this week.
He added of all the footballers in the Serie A club: “Off the pitch they are free citizens and each one takes his own responsibility.”
Ronaldo reportedly travelled to the resort of Courmayeur, 150 kilometres north-west of Juventus' Turin headquarters, for the birthday of his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez.
The Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper said the couple spent Tuesday night in a hotel and took a ride on a snowmobile the next morning, before returning to Turin.
Under current Italian coronavirus rules, the couple should not have left the city of Turin. The multimillionaire player and his partner now risk a fine of up to 400 euros ($485) each.
Several Italian media outlets reported that local Carabinieri police were looking into the claims about Ronaldo but AFP was unable to confirm this.
The 35-year-old footballer has been embroiled in coronavirus-related controversy before.
He was criticised in October for travelling to Portugal while Juventus were in isolation after two virus cases.
Ronaldo then tested positive himself, and returned to Italy to spend a couple of weeks in isolation at home.
At the time, Italian Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora accused the star of “violating” coronavirus restrictions. (AFP)
•PHOTO: Cristiano Ronaldo
Source Daily sports
Posted January 30, 2021
You may also like...
Team Nigeria Wins 11 Medals at African Track...
Leicester owner splashes out £11m... on a super-yacht!...
Reds join Chelsea, Arsenal in Osimhen race
Joshua splits from second coach in 2022
Olympic champion racially harassed at German airport
Kabiru Dogo unveiled as Sunshine Stars coach

Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,282 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,882 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,636 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,043 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,585 views)