By Daily sports on April 9, 2019
Football great Pele has been released from hospital in Paris and will return to Brazil in the “coming hours,” Brazilian media reported on Monday, citing his spokesman.
The 78-year-old’s discharge came after Neymar paid him a visit in hospital in the suburbs of the French capital.
The Paris Saint-Germain forward posted a photo on his Instagram account Monday of himself alongside a smiling Pele in his hospital bed with the two holding hands.
“I want to thank you deeply for your positive thoughts and get-well wishes,” Pele said in a statement cited by Brazilian news website Globo Sport.
“Thanks to the great affection of the medical team at the American hospital of Paris, I am travelling home soon.”
The three-time World Cup winner was admitted to hospital with a urinary infection last Wednesday, the day after appearing at a promotional event with France striker Kylian Mbappe.
Brazil’s G1 reported that Pele had intended to come out of hospital on Saturday to return to Brazil but had been delayed by further tests.
The infection was not serious and was under control, members of Pele’s entourage had said.
“Thank you so much for all the love! The antibiotics are working,” Pele tweeted on Friday. “I’m feeling much better and I think I'm ready to play again!”
Pele has had several health issues in recent years.
A similar infection put him in intensive care in November 2014.
In 2016, Pele, who played 1 363 professional matches, scoring 1 281 goals, was unable to light the flame at the Rio Olympics because of severe pain in the hip.
“I was not physically fit to participate in the opening of the Games,” he said at the time.
In January 2018, he cancelled a trip to London fearing a “stressful” and “tiring” journey. (SuperSport)
•Photo shows Pele
Source Daily Sports
Posted April 9, 2019
You may also like...
Former Boxing World Champion Whitaker Dies
Iheanacho Nominated For Premier League Award
I didn’t lead Bayer Leverkusen, we led ourselves...
Mozambique Hold Ivory Coast In World Cup Qualifier...
Old Trafford Quakes As Man United, Liverpool Battle...
Rory McIlroy adds British Masters to late-season schedule...

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,031 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,279 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,879 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,757 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,529 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,039 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,248 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,718 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,206 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)