By Daily Sports on December 6, 2017
Former Super Eagles goal keeper, Vincent Enyeama has dashed the hopes of many Nigerians who are clamouring for his recall to the national team.
There had been calls for the Lille of France goal tender to be recalled to the Eagles especially as the country prepares for her 6th World Cup outing in Russia next year.
But, former Super Eagles goalkeeper Peterside Idah has claimed that Vincent Enyeama told him in a conversation that he is tired of playing for Nigeria and will not be returning to the team for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr is open to welcoming Enyeama back into the team as it was obvious the Eagles have a goalkeeping problem.
“I was one of those who spoke to Enyeama when there was an attempt to get him back to the national team and he told me he’s tired of playing for Nigeria.
“So, there should be no Enyeama (going to the World Cup). The players should have the love to play for Nigeria and not the love to play at the World Cup and make history.”
He added Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Francis Uzoho should be able to stand, but the choice was up to the coaches. “Ezenwa appears to be the No 1 now after what he did in the qualifiers, but he is not world-class,” Idah said.
“Uzoho is better than him and I believe the training camp before the World Cup will determine who is really No 1.”
•Photo shows Vincent Enyeama.
Source Daily Sports
Posted December 6, 2017
You may also like...
Joshua to light 2025 NSF torch
Enyimba Handed Tough Caf Cup Test But Finidi...
Lloris Wants Premier League Title Settled On The...
Brazil hails Dream Team after away win over...
World Cup finals record goal-scorer Just Fontaine dies...
Why Anthony Joshua Is Scared of Andy Ruiz...

Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report
SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,632 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,203 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)