By Daily Sports on September 21, 2017
English premier league top club Chelsea have perhaps the largest number of young players on loan in other lesser clubs around the world. Chelsea have an aggressive signing policy that ensures they grab almost any exciting youngster, from anywhere on planet earth, who is within the grasp of their very wide scouting dragnet. Chelsea pays top money to sway these players and convince them to sign for the London giants. Chelsea have run into trouble once again in the hands of world football governing body FIFA with regard to the way they conduct their business of buying grassroots players.
Several British newspapers are reporting that Chelsea are under investigation for the third time in eight years over a potential breach of FIFA regulations on youth players.
According to the UK Telegraph newspaper, "The governing body confirmed on Tuesday it had launched an inquiry into the club’s conduct involving signing foreigners under the age of 18."
It is unclear for now what specific transfer dealing of Chelsea FIFA are investigating and which player(s) is involved.
FIFA has ruled out commenting on the matter for now. A spokesman of the body said: “As the investigation is ongoing, no further comment is possible for the time being.”
Chelsea were in FIFA's hot water as recently as last year about striker Bertrand Traoré's move to Stamford Bridge after pictures emerged of the midfielder playing for them before he had international clearance.
In 2009 Chelsea received a FIFA ban on transfers over their 2007 signing of Gael Kakuta.
Chelsea are not the only clubs to have run into trouble over the transfer of young players. Spanish La Liga side Atlético Madrid are currently under a transfer embargo for breaching rules over the signing of minors, a decision that was upheld on appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Real Madrid were also banned from recruiting players last year, with their punishment later reduced from two transfer windows to one.
Any potential breach of the rules by Chelsea was described as less serious than that by their Spanish rivals.
A Chelsea spokesman said: “Chelsea FC complies with all FIFA statutes and regulations when recruiting players.”
Liverpool and Manchester City have both been punished by the Premier League this year over the tapping-up of youth players.
Source Daily Sports
Posted September 21, 2017
You may also like...
Sports Minister Mourns Rangers FC Duo
Ronaldo topples Messi as Champions League highest scorer...
Victor Moses surprises England international
UEFA Champions League Preview - Man.City vs PSG...
Liverpool Subdue Hard-Fighting Chelsea To Tighten Grip on...
Allardyce 'a better man' after England sacking

Falcons to get new coach before Olympic qualifier
Okocha bemoans Eagles’ lack of home ground
Ajayi set for Silesia Diamond League showdown
Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,282 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,883 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,636 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,046 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,585 views)