By Daily Sports on September 21, 2017
Premier League champions Chelsea are the subject of a FIFA investigation, reportedly for possible breaches over the signing of foreign youth players, world football’s governing said on Wednesday.
“We can confirm that an investigation is ongoing,” a FIFA spokesperson told AFP.
“However please note that we cannot provide any details concerning the matters under investigation.”
According to The Times newspaper, FIFA were looking into “possible breaches of the regulations regarding the signing of young foreign players”, while Chelsea replied: “Chelsea FC complies with all FIFA statutes and regulations.” The alleged offences were reported to be “less serious” than the violations committed by Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid that prompted FIFA last year to issue the Spanish clubs with transfer bans.
Chelsea were initially hit with a transfer embargo in 2009 following the transfer of Gael Kakuta from French club Lens, but the ruling was overturned following an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
They were also under investigation last year over the signing of Burkina Faso forward Bertrand Traore after images emerged of him playing for Chelsea when he was just 16 and before he received international clearance.
Real and Atletico were barred from registering new players for two transfer windows in January 2016 for irregularities in the signing of foreign players under the age of 18. Real’s sanction was halved on appeal by CAS, allowing the European champions to recruit players this past summer, but Atletico are unable to sign anyone until January 2018.
•Photo shows Gianni Infantino.
Source Daily Sports
Posted September 21, 2017
You may also like...
Havertz Regrets Choosing Boring Chelsea Over Bayern Munich...
Man Utd, Spurs Join Scramble For Unsettled Dybala...
'Perfect night' for Chelsea as 'exciting' Estevao gives...
Rivers Utd get Keumian, Obomate boost
Eagles motivated to qualify for World Cup, AFCON...
AFCON 2021 2ND Semi-Final: Cameroon, Egypt The Two...

Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists
Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly
Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,563 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,870 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,781 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,419 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,334 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,253 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,121 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,669 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,839 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,369 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,229 views)