Anichebe released by Sunderland

By Daily Sports on June 10, 2017

Nigerian striker, Victor Anichebe has been released by English Championship club, Sunderland AFC.

The 29-year-old is one of 11 players released by the club on Friday.

Sunderland AFC got relegated from the English Premier League at the end of last season and have now let go a host of top players that also includes South African midfielder, Steven Piennar.

Anichebe made 18 Premier League appearances for Sunderland last season, scoring three goals for the Black Cats in their ultimately futile bid to remain in the English top flight.

Speculations had been rife that Anichebe would leave the club in the eventual case of relegation but he stated when quizzed on the subject two months ago that he was remaining focused on staying fit.

“I love it here (at Sunderland),” he told the Newcastle Chronicle.

“Before I got injured I felt great, performances were good, someone was saying that outside (of Chelsea’s Eden) Hazard I was one of the highest ranked attackers in the league, so I’ve enjoyed it.

“The fans have been great to me, it is a really great club, so whenever I go out there I try as hard as I can.

“This injury was meant to keep me out for 12 or 13 weeks but I came back after nine, because I wanted to help the team because I know I can with the different style I bring.

“It’s a great club, great stadium, great training facilities, great fanbase, it’s a shame we are where we are.

“I’m not thinking about (where I will play next season) at the moment, I just need to stay fit and help us get some wins, for the fans here and for ourselves,” he said.

*Photo shows Victor Anichebe.

Source Daily Sports

Posted June 10, 2017


 

You may also like...
NFF, Match Agent confirm details of Eagles’ London...

Alonso facing prison for tax fraud

Lazio Go Top Of Serie A With Bologna...

Fidelity Bank Emerge 2019 Nigeria Bankers Games Champions...

Wolves Brush Aside Sheffield United

‘Joshua would have knocked out Tyson’

 

Latest News Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau Ezechukwu eyes double gold in African Champs

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,780 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,102 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,041 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,625 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,543 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,444 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,839 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,027 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,525 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,948 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,399 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media