By Daily Sports on April 15, 2017
Russian Tennis star, Maria Sharapova has criticised the International Tennis Federation for failing to inform her that meldonium had been added to the list of banned substances prior to her been tested positive for the drug.
The International Tennis Federation had suspended Sharapova after she tested positive to a banned substance, meldonium, during the Australian open In January.
The five times Grand Slam champion had admitted in March that she had failed a drug test at the Australian Open due to a substance she was taking for health issues.
The Russian said she did not realise the drugs she had been using for the past 10 years was declared a banned substance by WADA on January 1 2016.
She has however admitted complacency on her part but blamed the ITF for not informing her on time.
“Why didn’t someone come up to me and have a private conversation, just an official to an athlete, which would have taken care of the confidentiality problem they talked about later?” Sharapova told The Times.
“Ultimately the fault was mine, I had been getting clearance on everything I was taking for seven years and I became complacent.” She added
The Russian is excepted to return to competitive action this month. (TV360 Nigeria)
•Tennis star, Maria Sharapova.
Source Daily Sports
Posted April 15, 2017
You may also like...
Man City agree deal to sign AC Milan's...
Manchester United squad the costliest of all-time –...
No national team experience, poor win record dominate...
Bolt plans retirement trophy
Atalanta See Off Napoli To Tighten Grip On...
EPL: Obafemi’s Late Strike Denies Man United The...

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,031 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,279 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,879 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,757 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,530 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,040 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,249 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,718 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,206 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)