By Daily Sports on March 14, 2017
Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres returned to training on Monday after recovering from a sickening head clash, suggesting he could play in Wednesday’s Champions League tie against Bayer Leverkusen.
Torres lost consciousness in a challenge with Deportivo la Coruna’s Alex Bergantinos in a 1-1 draw on March 2 but was later discharged from hospital with no serious injuries.
Despite rejoining his teammates on the training pitch, the 32-year-old has yet to receive the all-clear from doctors though, the club indicated.
Atletico coach Diego Simeone last week said he believed Torres would be fit in time for the last 16 second leg at the Vicente Calderon, where Atletico will look to defend their 4-2 lead.
The forward came off the bench to score Atletico’s fourth goal in the first leg in Germany but has been sidelined for the team’s last two games in La Liga. (© AFP)
•Photo shows Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres.
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 14, 2017
You may also like...
Suarez, Vidal Train Alone Ahead Of Exit
Thiem says Nasal can be beaten in Madrid...
PSG president faces Swiss prosecutors
Esperance Nigerian Forward Iwuala Anayo Sets Sights On...
Serena Williams reveals why dad never walked her...
Manchester City Extend Premier League Lead With Everton...

FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate
Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status
Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival
56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup
ICYMI: CAF reaffirms Morocco as host of WAFCON 2026, rejects postponement talk
PHOTOS: Kenya’s Ezra Kering wins 2026 Lagos city marathon
Chukwuemka prefers Austria to Nigeria
Enekwechi throws season best, Okezie finishes second in Serbia
Ogazi wins SEC Runner of the Week
Lookman has matched Osimhen’s impact – Peseiro
West Ham plot Chukwueze summer hijack
Tennis: Stakeholders dream big after Davis Cup promotion
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,556 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,865 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,777 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,415 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,331 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,249 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,115 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,664 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,834 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,365 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,758 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,222 views)