By Daily Sports on January 25, 2017
World number one, Sir Andy Murray has not been included in Britain's Davis Cup team for next month's tie in Canada as he recuperates following his shock exit from the Australian Open.
The team, captained by Leon Smith, includes Kyle Edmund, Dan Evans, Jamie Murray and Dominic Inglot.
But Smith said Andy Murray could still feature in Ottawa, from 3-5 February.
"We'll just keep some dialogue going with Andy and see how he feels in the coming days," he told BBC Sport.
Murray, who lost to Mischa Zverev in the fourth round in Melbourne, played a packed schedule in the second half of 2016 to reach the top of the world rankings.
Smith added: "Andy has been unbelievable for our team. He gets on great with all the players and the staff and loves playing for Great Britain.
"But he has to look after himself and has played an awful lot of tennis, particularly in the last six months of the year.
"At some point you need to take a break."
Canada's squad includes world number three Milos Raonic, Vasek Pospisil, Daniel Nestor and Denis Shapovalov.
"We know the challenge the Canadian team poses," added Smith.
Murray won 11 of a possible 12 points when he led Britain to their first Davis Cup victory for 79 years in 2015, and the Scot played in two of three ties last year as they reached the semi-finals.
"There's no let-up, and especially when it's in Ottawa - where the logistics of it make it challenging," said Smith.
"There's a lot of people, whether it's Tomas Berdych, Kei Nishikori, Roger Federer or Stan Wawrinka, having to look at the schedule and figure out what is best for them to be able to go through the whole year." (bbc.co.uk)
•Photo shows Sir Andy Murray
Source Daily Sports
Posted January 25, 2017
You may also like...
Buffon Unfolds Retirement Plans
Salah fit for Arsenal trip despite arm injury...
How Bendel Insurance Won Edo Aiteo FA Cup...
Osimhen Can’t Stop Scoring, Takes Napoli Back To...
AFCON U-17: Eaglets crash out, miss World Cup...
Mali beat Nigeria 2-0 in international friendly

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,031 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,279 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,879 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,757 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,530 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,040 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,249 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,718 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,206 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)