FIFA threaten legal action against Kuwait

By daily sports on November 20, 2016

World football body FIFA has joined the International Olympic Committee in threatening legal action against Kuwait over the government takeover of sporting bodies, according to a letter obtained by AFP.

The letter from FIFA secretary general, Fatma Samoura also reaffirmed that Kuwait would be kept in international isolation as long as the Kuwait Football Association is run by government-named officials following the passing of a new sports law this year.

The IOC and FIFA suspended Kuwait in October last year over government interference in sport. It is the second time in five years the Gulf state has been suspended.

The letter to the state-backed KFA head Fawaz Mubarak al-Hasawi, owner of English football club Nottingham Forest, said: “FIFA hereby reserves all its rights to take any action against all those who have been involved in any way, directly or indirectly, in the establishment as well as any other activities of the interim committee.”

It added that the action could include “claims for the consequences of any damages resulting from your illegal acts”.

The IOC sent a similar warning at the start of November. The IOC and FIFA protested after police were used to forcibly take over the headquarters of the Kuwait Olympic Committee and the KFA.

“FIFA will not accept any of its members to establish contact or sporting relations with the government-appointed officials,” the FIFA secretary general said in the latest letter. (NAN)

•Photo shows Fatima Smoura

 

Source daily sports

Posted November 19, 2016


 

You may also like...
Lampard Admits Ziyech Could Start Against Man City...

Australian Open 2017: Serena, Nadal reach round three...

Manu Garba leads Nigeria U19s to Korea tourney...

Carra: Liverpool vs City is the ‘greatest rivalry...

Russia Banned From 2022 World Cup

Osimhen not injured, insist striker's handlers

 

Latest News NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027 Rivers United won’t make last season’s mistake – Finidi Ocheme closes in on PFL Africa crown Oyede names Piety, Agboya, others for World Cup qualifiers Nigeria storm India for Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship Oshoala’s Bay FC set NWSL stadium record

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,310 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,478 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,467 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,065 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,047 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,046 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,860 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,411 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,517 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,125 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,560 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,983 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media