Tiger Woods: Everything against return - Sir Nick Faldo

By Daily Sports on October 12, 2016

Six-time major winner Sir Nick Faldo says "everything is stacking up against" Tiger Woods in his attempt to return to golf following injury.

American Woods, who last competed in August last year, planned to play in this week's Safeway Open, but withdrew saying his game was "too vulnerable".

The 14-time major winner had back surgery in September and October 2015.

"It's going to be a hard grind to come back and compete against the best in the world," said Briton Faldo, 59.

Faldo was "not surprised" when the world number 786 withdrew from the PGA Tour opener on Monday.

He has not won on the Tour since 2013 and sits on 79 victories, three behind the all-time record held by fellow American Sam Snead.

"I know personally golf is a wicked game, it dangles a carrot. Ten years ago I'd hit balls and think, 'I can still play, I can still hit it' - then you'd go to the course and can't make a score.

"Everything is stacking up against him now. Physically, mentally and obviously competing."

Woods was a vice-captain of the United States' triumphant Ryder Cup team, but Faldo thought he looked like he was "struggling just getting in and out of the golf buggie".

"Watching him walk, he just doesn't look supple to me," added Faldo. "I know the stamina needed to play 72 holes. He may be able to hit balls on a range but there's a rhythm to that - on a course you get a five-minute gap between two shots. I think maybe he is starting to hit the ball better but it's the stamina to play."

Woods has confirmed he will miss the Turkish Airlines Open in November, but said he may be ready for his foundation's event, the Hero World Challe. (bbc.co.uk)

•Photo shows Tiger Woods

Source Daily Sports

Posted October 12, 2016


 

You may also like...
Serie A: Lookman’s late header secures Atalanta 2-1...

Enyeama had issues with Oliseh, not us: NFF...

Buhari renames National Stadium Abuja after Moshhod Abiola...

PGA announces the death of founding member, Oyebajo...

Ezechukwu: High-flying sprint sensation living her dreams

African World Cup playoffs: Salah, Mane Meet As...

 

Latest News Edo Queens get home support ahead CAF qualifiers Nigerian Triathlon Union fixes Sept 30 for election Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces Ronaldo hits 977 career goals as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0 Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League Fury calls Joshua coward, casts doubts on super-fight My basketball dream ended after visa denial — Ex-BBNaija star Hermes Olayinka ready for Saudi journey Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund Missing ’96 AFCON, CAF ban cost Eagles trophies – Okocha D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,041 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,402 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,892 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,769 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,645 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,055 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,259 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,730 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,219 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,602 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media