By Daily Sports on July 13, 2016
FIFA says the any imminent threat of Uganda being banned from global football for government interference has now been lifted.
The news comes after a meeting on Tuesday involving two representatives from football's world governing body.
A warning was issued in June when the Federation of Ugandan Football Associations (FUFA) was being asked to sign as a trustee with the government.
FIFA deemed this would be government interference which is prohibited under its statutes.
"We are happy the government has agreed not to interfere and will work for the development of football in the country," Luca Nicola, the Manager of Member Associations at Fifa said.
Nicola explained that all at the meeting had agreed the Uganda football association can indeed register as a trustee but that they had assurances from government that there will be no interference.
Uganda's minister for sports, Charles Bakkabulindi was also satisfied with the outcome of the meeting and added Fufa will now put it's paper work together and register as a trustee by next month.
FIFA president Moses Magogo was equally happy with the meeting and that a decision had been made that will meet Fifa's approval.
The Uganda national team will also be relieved as they can qualify for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations finals in Gabon with a win over visiting Comoros in September.
The Cranes are also into the final round of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup.
•Text gotten from bbc.com.
Source Daily Sports
Posted July 13, 2016
You may also like...
Brazil on brink, Messi revives Argentina
Atletico draw in Bruges to give BVB top...
Andre Ayew targets third World Cup
Nigerian Players Abroad: Super Sunday
Mourinho: UEFA exit heartache not new for Manchester...
Nigeria Youngster Okeke Linked with a Move to...

Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists
Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly
Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,566 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,871 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,784 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,420 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,336 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,255 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,122 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,670 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,841 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,371 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,230 views)