NFF Elections: FG Wants NFF, Aspirants To Respect Court Order

By Daily Sports Nigeria on September 30, 2022

The Federal Government has called on stakeholders in the Nigerian Football family to remain calm and abide by the Court Order, by not doing anything or taking any further steps particularly, as regards the NFF elections scheduled for Friday, September 30, 2022 in Benin.

The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, Alhaji Ismaila Abubakar, in a statement signed by Mohammed Manga, Director, Press & Public Relations, gave the advice yesterday in Abuja.

According to him, the Ministry is not oblivious of the recent developments concerning the Elective Congress of the NFF, which ordinarily had been scheduled to take place on September 30, 2022.

“The Ministry is also aware of the Court Order made by Hon. Justice I.E. Ekwo of the Federal High Court on the 15th day of September, 2022 whereby the Court had directed all parties, including NFF and the Minister of Youth and Sports Development to maintain status quo ante pending the final Order of Court”, he said.

The Permanent Secretary stated further that “Following from the above Order of Court, which had also been served on the Office of the Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports Development as 3rd Defendant in the case under reference, the Minister of Youth and Sports Development will obey and abide by the Court Order and hereby advises all other Defendants in this case, including NFF to abide by the Order of Court by not doing anything or taking any further step(s); particularly, as regards NFF elections that will be or could be interpreted to amount to disobedience to lawful Court Order or contempt of court.

He explained that it is also in the public domain that NFF known under the Nigeria existing law as NFA, (NFA ACT 2004) is one of the parastatals under the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development.

Ismaila added that the Ministry is studying all processes served on it concerning this case, and will take appropriate steps or action to defend itself within the context permitted by the law of our land.

On this note he said, “Stakeholders in the Nigeria Football family are therefore urged to remain calm and law abiding as the Ministry seeks a resolution.”

Source Sporting Sun

Posted September 30, 2022


 

You may also like...
Edo Queens in flying start at BOWFT

Real Madrid See Off Atalanta To Reach Last...

Erik ten Hag signs new deal at Manchester...

Delap markes debut with an assist as Chelsea...

Sarri wants Hazard contract saga resolved

Tuchel Pushing Chelsea To Challenge Man Utd, Juventus...

 

Latest News Gala fans to honour Osimhen’s late mother Eagles to play Iran, Jordan in four-nation tourney First Falcons call-up thrills Erhabor Ekezie junior claims Defensive MVP award at All-Star camp Niger-Delta Games: Sports, instrument of unity, empowerment — Tinubu Draws hold as Niger Delta Games begin Friday NFF to review Chelle’s $130k request, other demands Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,572 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,880 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,787 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,424 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,258 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,127 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,673 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,846 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,376 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,763 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media