By Daily Sports Nigeria on September 18, 2022
Tyson Fury’s promoter Frank Warren says contracts for a prospective all-British world heavyweight title fight have been sent to his rival Anthony Joshua.
Joshua appears to have accepted Fury’s initial offer of a 60-40 purse split in the champion’s favour for the bout that is expected to be held in Britain before the end of the year.
Warren wrote in his Daily Star column: ‘The contracts have been sent to Anthony Joshua’s team. They will have arrived on Friday morning.
‘Now we wait for them to go through them and sign so we can get one of British boxing’s biggest events on.
‘Since the passing of the Queen, Tyson has been respectful and kept his counsel while we work on the deal behind the scenes.
‘The next step was sending over the contracts which we promised Joshua would arrive soon. I don’t anticipate there will be any problems. We all want this fight to happen.’
Fury made the offer to Joshua in a social media video earlier this month after Oleksandr Usyk, who beat Joshua for a second time last month, indicated he will not fight again this year.
Joshua’s management team, 258, responded in a statement that they accepted all the terms and looked forward to future developments.
Some may argue that the two consecutive defeats suffered by Joshua make the bout slightly less appealing than at various points when it has been close in previous years.
But Warren said: ‘The WBC title will be on the line but this will be as much about the bragging rights between the pair.
‘For years we’ve wanted this to happen and we were close before but now seems to be the time it will finally happen.’
Source Sky Sports
Posted September 18, 2022
You may also like...
Hertha Berlin Suspend Kalou Over Handshake Video
Semenya Taking Case To Human Rights Court
Wenger declares Leicester 2015/2016 EPL title favourites
Governor Ifeanyi Okowa Pre-Season Tournament Has Lived Up...
Nadal Saves Match Point To Win 12th Barcelona...
At Last, Pillars Aiteo Cup Champs, Sani Lulu’s...

Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification
Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen
Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket
LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos
Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,782 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,102 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,045 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,625 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,543 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,444 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,840 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,027 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,525 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,950 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,399 views)