By Daily Sports Nigeria on May 27, 2022
DEONTAY WILDER has confirmed he WILL return to boxing after unveiling a statue of himself in his home town.
The American has not fought since a devastating 11th-round KO defeat to Tyson Fury in their trilogy bout last year.
That was Wilder’s second loss to the Gypsy King, after their first bout ended in a controversial draw.
They remain the only defeats of the former WBC heavyweight champion’s career.
But he has left his fans guessing as to whether they would ever see him in the ring again.
And now, as he attended an unveiling of bronze the statue in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, the Bronze Bomber finally revealed he is ready to return.
He said: “I can’t stop right here. I must continue my journey. I have to, I have to.
“I’m looking to resume my career for sure. I’ve got a lot of other things I’ve got to get out of the way.
“I’m taking away from my children if I come back, because now I’m able to enjoy my life fully like I want to.
“I sacrificed so much to be in this position in my life, to be able to life my life like I want for the rest of my life,.”
The 36-year-old, who has only lost two of his 45 fights, thinks the sport of boxing needs him.
He added: “I’ve been highly requested. So many people have told me ‘Come back, come back.’ I’d say I’m back by popular demand.
“And the business of boxing needs me. When there’s a thriving American champion, there’s nothing like it.
“When there’s not, you see it’s dead. There’s a drought in [the sport]. People know the difference now.”
Wilder has not revealed a date or an opponent for his grand return, but is still ranked No2 by the WBC.
And, with Fury adamant he has retired from the sport, an instant world title shot far from out of the question.
Source Sporting Sun
Posted May 27, 2022
You may also like...
Ronaldo Nets Hat-trick As Juventus Win At Cagliari...
D’Tigress, Falcons’ road to continental glory
Morata injured as Chelsea draw final Europa League...
Chelsea boss Sarri ready to hand captaincy to...
Your Criticism Of My “Governor Of The Year”...
Neymar, Mbappe score as PSG see off Toulouse...

Chelsea's 'best player' Palmer fit to face Arsenal
I’m going to school Paul – Joshua
EPL: Arteta says Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of showdown
Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,608 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,186 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,080 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,923 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,508 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,633 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,199 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,592 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)