Lukaku left Inter in August and returned to Chelsea for a second stint in a deal worth a club record £97.5 million.
"After two years in Italy, in which I worked a lot at Inter with trainers and nutritionists, I am physically fine. But I'm not happy with the situation, this is normal," Lukaku told Sky Italy.
"I think the coach has chosen to play with another system, I just have to not give up and continue to work and be a professional. I am not happy with the situation, but I am a worker and I must not give up."
Sky did not say when the interview took place and did not elaborate on the 'situation', with the full interview set to air on Friday.
Lukaku has either led the line or played alongside a fellow striker this season at Chelsea but the Belgium international has missed nine games since October due to injury and Covid-19, scoring only seven goals in all competitions so far.
Chelsea were top of the standings for several weeks but now find themselves in second place, eight points behind leaders Manchester City after two wins in their last six games.
Lukaku revived his career at Inter where he scored 64 goals in two seasons and won the Serie A title before his departure. The 28-year-old said he hoped to be reunited with the club in the future.
"I really hope in the depths of my heart to return to Inter, not at the end of my career, but at a still good level to hopefully win more," he said.
"I have always said that I have Inter in my heart, I will return to play there, I really hope so. I am in love with Italy."
Chelsea host Liverpool on Sunday with the Anfield club one point behind Tuchel's side with a game in hand. (Reuters)

Edo Queens get home support ahead CAF qualifiers
Nigerian Triathlon Union fixes Sept 30 for election
Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces
Ronaldo hits 977 career goals as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0
Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League
Fury calls Joshua coward, casts doubts on super-fight
My basketball dream ended after visa denial — Ex-BBNaija star Hermes
Olayinka ready for Saudi journey
Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG
EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,041 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,402 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,892 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,769 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,645 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,541 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,055 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,259 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,731 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,220 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,602 views)