By Daily Sports on September 1, 2021
Chelsea have completed a deal to sign Saul Niguez from Atletico Madrid on loan for the season, the two clubs announced on Tuesday.
Sources have told ESPN the deal contains an option to buy next summer for a set fee.
ESPN recently reported Chelsea were in talks with Saul, while Manchester United were also interested in the Spain midfielder, who has spent the last 13 years at Atletico after coming through the club's youth ranks.
However, United opted against pursuing a deal, leaving the path clear for Chelsea to make their second major signing of the summer after Romelu Lukaku joined from Inter Milan in a €115 million deal.
Earlier in the summer, sources told ESPN, Saul had been offered to Barcelona in a proposed swap deal with Antoine Griezmann but the two parties were unable to agree a deal. (ESPN)
•PHOTO: Saul Niguez
Source Daily Sports
Posted September 1, 2021
You may also like...
Alisson a ‘lifesaver’ in goal — Klopp
Sports Minister Sunday Dare Must Beware Of ‘Bring...
Ahmed expresses confidence on Falconets
Villa prepare offers for Onuachu, Chukwueze
Fernando Alonso Unhurt after Practice Crash
Flying Eagles Crash Out of U-20 World Cup...

Olayinka ready for Saudi journey
Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG
EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain
Onuachu, Ndidi, Yohanna lead 12 Nigerians into Europa, Conference League playoffs
Lagos revives monthly cadet table tennis tourney
Fizdale names D’Tigers roster for World Cup qualifiers
Hearn threatens to sue White over Joshua, Fury fight
UK ex-Commonwealth champion Baptiste found jailed in Morocco
Why elite athletes use supplements — Report
No Kangaroo Committee Can Save Gusau, his NFF Jesters - Give Us Emenalo
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,038 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,397 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,286 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,889 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,766 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,641 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,538 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,051 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,254 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,726 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,212 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,593 views)