Klopp Hints At Liverpool Transfers To Come

By Daily sports on August 9, 2021

Jurgen Klopp has hinted that Liverpool will look to make further signings before the transfer window closes.

But the Reds boss insists that if no further business is done at Anfield, he will be happy to head into the new season with what he already has at his disposal.

Liverpool have so far made only one major signing this summer, bringing in defender Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig in a £36million ($50m) deal back in May.

Speaking after Liverpool’s 1-1 friendly draw with Athletic Bilbao on Sunday, Klopp was asked directly if he was happy with his squad and with the Reds’ summer business.

He said: “I am very happy with the squad, but it doesn't mean that we don't look at the market.

“But as long as nothing happens, I am more than happy with the squad I have. I am more than happy with the players I have.

“We have so many things that you cannot sign. You cannot sign our counter-pressing, you cannot sign our atmosphere that we create in the stadium, you cannot sign Anfield, you cannot sign our anthem.

“You cannot sign a lot of things and that's what we have to use. There are other approaches out there, obviously, and we have influence on that. Our situation is like it is.

“We have a big squad and there might be something happening until the end of the transfer window, but I cannot say anything about that at the moment.”

The feeling among fans is that a new midfielder to replace the departed Gini Wijnaldum, as well as a forward to provide competition in attack, would be ideal.

A host of names have been linked, though the majority have been dismissed by Anfield sources. Saul Niguez of Atletico Madrid, for example, is not understood to be on the agenda, nor is Italy star Federico Chiesa or the Portugal midfielder Renato Sanches.

West Ham’s Jarrod Bowen has admirers at the club, as do Borussia Moenchengladbach’s Florian Neuhaus and Brighton’s Yves Bissouma. Liverpool’s recruitment team have also looked at the likes of Harvey Barnes of Leicester and Pedro Neto of Wolves.

Jonathan David, the Lille striker, has been watched in the past but there will be no deal for the Canada international as things stand. The same goes for Watford’s Ismaila Sarr.

In terms of outgoings, it remains to be seen if the likes of Nat Phillips, Xherdan Shaqiri, Neco Williams and Divock Origi are offloaded. Shaqiri is wanted by clubs in Italy and Spain, while Phillips has long-standing interest from Brighton and Burnley, among others.

Ben Davies, meanwhile, could leave on loan, with Sheffield United currently leading the race.

•PHOTO: Liverpool Manager Jurgen Klopp

Source Daily sports

Posted August 9, 2021


 

You may also like...
Man United ease through to knock out stages...

Man Utd 0-3 Tottenham: Spurs spank United at...

Hazard Says Focussed on Chelsea Despite Increasing Real...

Young keeper Isyag ready to star for Nigeria...

Pogba and Rashford give Solskjaer seventh straight Man...

Musa Ends Goal Drought With Brace In Al...

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,310 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,478 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,467 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,066 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,048 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,046 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,860 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,411 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,518 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,125 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,560 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,983 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media