Ighalo keen to stay at Watfod

By Daily Sports on May 15, 2016

Watford forward Odion Ighalo has said that Quique Flores’ departure as manager has no bearing on his future at the club.

The 26-year-old, who joined the Hornets from Granada, was quick to praise the Spaniard, who will leave the club at the end of the season, but insists he will not seek an exit from the club despite the decision of the management.

"A lot of clubs were interested in January and I turned down a lot of money from China and even in the Premier League," Ighalo told Sky Sports.

"I decided to stay and I am still happy I stayed. I know offers will come. My agent is going to sit down with Gino (Pozzo, owner of Watford) and talk. I have a four-year contract and I am happy if they want me to stay.

"We will see how it goes. I love the fans here, they supported me even when things were not going well, that's all you can want. If Gino wants to keep me I am happy to stay."

The Nigerian claimed he was "shocked" by the news of Flores' departure but is backing the club to find the right replacement.

"Quique has done a great job," he continued.

 "I can remember before the start of the season the target was 40 points to remain in the Premier League. We did that and got to the FA Cup semi-finals.

"But the Pozzos know best. Gino always gets it right, even last year when he let Jokanovic leave people thought why is this guy leaving who took us to the Premier League, but Quique came in and did the job.

"They will bring in someone who will do the job. I feel for Quique as he is a nice guy, a calm guy, and I am happy with the way he works. But I still trust the Pozzos, I think they will go for the best and whoever comes in will do a great job."

•Text gotten from goal.com. Photo shows Odion Ighalo.

 

 

Source Daily Sports

Posted May 15, 2016


 

You may also like...
Ramos suffers Calf Injury Ahead Of Liverpool Tie...

Nigeria: Falconets Win Big, Ready for FIFA World...

FG yet to host Flamingos 175 days after...

Nadal Arrives In Melbourne Ahead Of Australian Open...

Manchester United Have a Better Squad than Liverpool:...

Germany names Nagelsmann as new coach

 

Latest News Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,782 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,102 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,045 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,625 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,543 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,444 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,840 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,027 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,525 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,950 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,399 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media