BREAKING NEWS:Terrorists kill 14 Real Madrid fans in Iraq

By Daily Sports on May 13, 2016

ISIS have slaughtered at least 14 Real Madrid fans at a supporters club in northern Iraq. 

Three gunmen opened fire with machine guns around midnight at the cafe in the predominately Shi'ite Muslim town of Balad.

Horrific pictures from the scene show the floor soaked in blood in the cafe where up to 50 Real fans had gathered to watch old recordings of the club's matches. Posters of the club's players and coaches can be seen hanging on the walls. 

President of the Madrid supporters club, Ziad Subhan, said: 'A group of Islamic terrorists, from ISIS, came into the café, armed with AK-47s, shooting at random at everyone who was inside'.

When asked about the motive for the attack, the president said: 'They don't like football, they think it's anti-Muslim. They just carry out attacks like this. This is a terrible tragedy'.


The assailants fled and hours later one of them set off hisexplosive vest at a nearby vegetable market after police andShi'ite militia members cornered him in a disused building andexchanged gunfire, security sources said.   

Four were killed and two were critically wounded, medical sources said.

A Reuters witness saw the scorched body of a suspectedassailant hanging upside down from a post outside the cafe onFriday morning.

Residents said they had seized the man from a nearby housewhere he had fled following the attack. They said they hadburned him alive after he confessed. 

An intelligence officialconfirmed this account.

ISIS nearly overran Balad, 80 km (50 miles) northof Baghdad, in 2014 and maintains a frontline around 40 km away.

Friday's attackers had passed three police checkpointsbefore reaching their target, police sources said. 

Security forces were deployed throughout the town, fearing more attacks. 

It comes as at least 93 people were killed in three car bomb attacks in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad yesterday. 

The deadliest killed 64 people and wounded 87 in a market in the mainly Shia Muslim area of Sadr City.

Police and witnesses said the explosives were hidden under fruit and vegetables loaded on a pick-up trick. 

Later two suicide bombers targeted police checkpoints in the northern district of Kadhimiya and in Jamia, in the west, leaving 29 dead.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attacks in what was the worst day of violence in Baghdad so far this year. 

The Sunni jihadist group, which controls large swathes of northern and western Iraq, has frequently targeted Shia, whom it considers apostates. 

While ISIS has suffered a number of territorial defeats in the past year, the militants are still capable of launching significant attacks across the country, and have recently stepped-up assaults inside Baghdad, something officials say is an attempt to distract from their recent battlefield defeats. (dailymail.co.uk) 

Photo shows people gathering at the cafe following the slaughter by the ISIS with blood stains on the floor.

 

Source Daily Sports

Posted May 13, 2016


 

You may also like...
Crown FC Management Eulogises Oyo State Government, Stakeholders...

Dennerby, Brazil Friendly, U-17 World Cup, et al...

Coronavirus Grounds Grassroots Football As Edo FA Orders...

Chelsea To Include Abraham In Offer For Rice...

EURO 2016 - Pogba shines as France top...

Lookman agrees Inter move

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,318 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,488 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,472 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,073 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,057 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,055 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,871 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,418 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,529 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,132 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,570 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,992 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media