Caballero Signs Contract Extension With Chelsea

By Daily Sports on May 21, 2020

Willy Caballero has agreed a new one-year deal with Chelsea, the Premier League side announced on Wednesday after exercising their option to trigger a 12-month extension in the goalkeeper’s contract.

“I am very happy to make this announcement. It is a privilege to be part of this Chelsea squad and the Chelsea family, at one of the most historic clubs in the Premier League,” Caballero told Chelsea’s website.

“It is a difficult time for everyone right now so I feel blessed by this opportunity and truly appreciate it.”

Caballero has played nine times for Frank Lampard’s side this term, with the Argentine’s last appearance coming in a 2-2 draw at Bournemouth in late February.

The 38-year-old, who joined from Manchester City in 2017, started the season as back-up to Kepa Arrizabalaga.

He earned a run of five successive starts in the first team after the Spaniard made a series of costly mistakes.

Kepa had reclaimed his place by the time the Premier League was suspended due to the coronavirus on March 13.

“I trust in Willy, he trains brilliantly and is a great professional,” Lampard said.

“He stepped into the team earlier this year and showed his quality, and his experience is invaluable in the dressing room. I’m delighted he will be with us next season.” (SuperSport)

•PHOTO: Willy Caballero

Source Daily Sports

Posted May 21, 2020


 

You may also like...
Stop Chanting In Support Of Abramovich Chelsea Fans...

NFF Releases Super Falcons Coach Maureen Mmadu

Enyimba is focused, not under pressure —Aigbogun

120 Golfers Gather As 1st Petroleum Regulators Tournament...

FirstBank secures partnerships for Lagos Open

Dosu slams LMC for Rivers United, others’ ‘humiliation’...

 

Latest News Olayinka ready for Saudi journey Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund Missing ’96 AFCON, CAF ban cost Eagles trophies – Okocha D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain Onuachu, Ndidi, Yohanna lead 12 Nigerians into Europa, Conference League playoffs Lagos revives monthly cadet table tennis tourney Fizdale names D’Tigers roster for World Cup qualifiers Hearn threatens to sue White over Joshua, Fury fight UK ex-Commonwealth champion Baptiste found jailed in Morocco Why elite athletes use supplements — Report No Kangaroo Committee Can Save Gusau, his NFF Jesters - Give Us Emenalo

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,039 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,399 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,287 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,891 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,767 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,643 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,538 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,053 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,255 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,728 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,214 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,596 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media