By Daily Sports on May 7, 2020
Burundian forward Saido Berahino says he would be open to the prospect of a return to English football.
The 26-year-old has spent the majority of his career in England, coming through the ranks at West Bromwich Albion to feature for their senior team, as well as Northampton Town, Brentford, Peterborough United and Stoke City.
At the start of the 2019-20 season he moved to Belgium, signing for top-flight side Zulte Waregem.
However, Berahino’s stay at the West Flanders club could be a short one, with Waregem reportedly looking to offload him now that the current Belgian season has been scrapped due to the coronavirus crisis. Should this be the case, a return to the country he grew up in would be Berahino’s first choice.
“England is where I first fell in love with football so, yes, if the opportunity arose I would definitely consider it,” he told the Daily Mail.
“So far I’ve had a great time in Belgium, I’ve showed that I can adapt in a different league,” he added.
“I can only thank my teammates and coach for believing in me. I miss the atmosphere and the buzz before games that I grew up learning my trade.
“We take it for granted how passionate and amazing the fans make the game so beautiful.” (Daily Mail)
•PHOTO: Saido Berahino
Source Daily Sports
Posted May 7, 2020
You may also like...
Messi loses tax court case
Falconets mentally ready for World Cup challenge –Okosun...
Eguaveon, Amuneke Pair Lethal If… - Okumagba
Thomas Tuchel issues prediction for Middlesbrough crowd v...
Lampard Key To Werner Choosing Chelsea
I enjoy beating people up, brags Adesanya

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,039 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,247 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,205 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)