By Daily Sports on April 6, 2020
Celta Vigo’s Russia international Fedor Smolov has flouted Spain’s lockdown to return to his home country, becoming the second Celta player to break the rules of the state of emergency to fight the coronavirus, Spanish newspaper AS reported.
Citing a club source, AS reported that Celta said Smolov had asked permission to return home for personal reasons but they could not grant it as La Liga did not authorise his request.
The 30-year-old player continued to inform Celta of his movements and told them he would return once he had resolved his personal issue, the report said.
Celta did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Smolov’s teammate Pione Sisto left Spain last month during the lockdown to drive back to his native Denmark. Spanish media reported he did not inform Celta of his movements until he had left the country.
Spain is about to enter its fourth week of lockdown which has been extended until April 26 in a bid to restrict the spread of the virus, which has killed over 12,000 people in the country. (Reuters)
•PHOTO: Fedor Smolov
Source Daily Sports
Posted April 6, 2020
You may also like...
Obuah emerges ‘Sports Promoter of the Year 2017’...
Everton Beat Leicester To Boost Europa League Hopes...
We Will Not Shy Away From Our Oversight...
Lionel Messi Ready To Leave Barcelona
Champions League: Chelsea v Lille, Man Utd v...
Nigeria Olympic Committee holds sports medicine seminar

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,039 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,247 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,205 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)