By Daily Sports on February 27, 2016
Seye Ogunlewe, Nigeria’s current fastest male athlete, on Friday said that he was in top form and preparing for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in August.
Ogunlewe won the men’s 100m final at the 2015 National Championships in Warri, racing to his first national title with a time of 10.19 secs.
Ogunlewe told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that he had been training toward being the best at competitions heralding the Olympics.
“I am doing my best to get to the championships, I have been preparing before now. I am self-driven, wanting to be the best I can be for myself and Nigeria.
“Last year is past, we are in a new year and I am hopeful because there are the outdoor seasons, All Nigeria and African Championships before the Olympics.
“All I want is to excel and continue to do the country proud.”
He also appealed to parents to support their children.
“I am lucky that I have a family that supports me, who helps me to get to where I want to be.
“It is a good thing when your loved ones support you in whatever profession you choose. It gives you assurance that nothing can go wrong,” the sprinter said.
Ogunlewe has his personal best in 100m by 10.19 +1.6 in Loughborough, Great Britain in 2015. (NAN)
•Photo shows Seye Ogunlewe.
Source Daily Sports
Posted February 27, 2016
You may also like...
Insurance, Sunshine clash in Fed Cup q’final
US Diplomats To Boycott 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics...
AFCON SHOWDOWN: Nigeria Ready for Cameroon
Drogba's petulance, Mourinho’s Woes and Hillary Clinton’s Arsenal...
PDP hails Eagles over victory against Zambia
Pressure On Anthony Joshua Ahead Of World Heavyweight...

D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double
2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off
Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success
Adeshina to headline PFL Africa Lagos debut
Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification
Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,785 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,106 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,059 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,629 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,545 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,446 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,842 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,029 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,953 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,401 views)