By Daily Sports on October 27, 2019
Juventus dropped points for just the second time this season in Serie A when they were held to a 1-1 draw at Lecce on Saturday.
Paulo Dybala’s penalty put the champions in front early in the second half but Lecce captain Marco Mancosu quickly replied with a spot-kick of his own.
Juventus, who remain unbeaten in the league under Maurizio Sarri, came into the match on the back of a seven-match winning run in all competitions.
They struggled to find a breakthrough against the spirited hosts in the absence of rested star man Cristiano Ronaldo, but Sarri said he had been right to leave the forward at home.
“Ronaldo was tired both physically and mentally, so it wouldn’t have helped him to make this journey and sit there," the coach told Sky Sport Italia.
"When a player expresses his fatigue, it was only right to give him a rest."
It was only the second time this season that the Turin club had failed to win a league match, after they were held to a 0-0 draw by Fiorentina in September, while Lecce earned their first home point of the campaign.
Juventus remain top on 23 points but will drop to second place in the standings if Inter Milan (21 points) beat Parma later on Saturday.
"The fact remains, we created 10 scoring opportunities and didn’t finish them," Sarri added. (SuperSport)
•PHOTO: Lecce players
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 27, 2019
You may also like...
NFF unveils Flamingo squad for W’Cup qualifying camp...
Nadal confident ahead of Rio Olympics despite lack...
Europa League: Wenger desperate for morale-boosting win
20 Teams Set For Sam Oguche Energy Bullet...
Agbonlahor: Why Tuchel Won’t Want To Sign Ronaldo...
Nigeria, Ghana maintain dominance in cricket

Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report
SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,029 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,631 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,203 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)