By Daily Sports on October 19, 2019
Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne and John Stones could be in contention for Saturday’s Premier League trip to Crystal Palace, manager Pep Guardiola said.
Belgium playmaker De Bruyne has returned to first-team training this week for the first time since suffering a groin injury in a win over Everton last month.
Centre back John Stones is also back after recovering from a thigh problem, as is Benjamin Mendy, although the French full back may have to wait for his first-team comeback.
“Some of them are back,” Guardiola told a news conference on Friday. “Kevin is back, John has trained well the last two days. Mendy a little later but he’s back.”
City will look to get their league title defence back on track at Selhurst Park after a shock loss to Wolverhampton Wanderers last time out left Guardiola’s side eight points behind leaders Liverpool, who hold a 100 per cent record.
City are unhappy about the Premier League’s scheduling after the release of the broadcast selections for the Christmas period, with the Manchester club saying the fixtures favoured Liverpool.
City will play at Wolves on December 27 at 7.45pm local time and then kick off against Sheffield United at the Etihad less than 48 hours afterwards.
Liverpool, meanwhile, have an extra day of rest between games against Leicester City on Boxing Day and Wolves on December 29.
Omar Berrada, City’s chief operating officer, said the Premier League is not doing enough to protect its players, and Guardiola echoed his sentiments.
“It’s what it is,” Guardiola said. “Since I came here every season it’s the same. The broadcasters are the bosses, it’s not about us. (SuperSport)
•PHOTO: De Bruyne
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 19, 2019
You may also like...
NPFL: Benin Arsenal fire blank against Scorpions
Premier League: Alisson Errors Help Man City To...
Asaba 2018:Why Kenyans emerged best
Jesus shines as Manchester City storm back to...
Hurkacz Seals ATP Finals Spot By Beating Duckworth...
Lampard to be honoured with Chelsea tribute

D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double
2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off
Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success
Adeshina to headline PFL Africa Lagos debut
Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification
Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,785 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,106 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,059 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,629 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,545 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,446 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,842 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,029 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,953 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,401 views)