By Daily Sports on August 8, 2019
Everton have launched a bid to sign Arsenal winger Alex Iwobi before Thursday’s transfer deadline.
The Toffees have been chasing Wilfried Zaha in recent weeks but have seen at least two bids knocked back by Crystal Palace for the Ivory Coast international.
And with boss Marco Silva keen to add another winger to his squad, he has turned his attentions to Iwobi, with Everton having now made their first move to land the 23-year-old.
The Goodison Park outfit have tabled an opening offer – believed to total around £30 million ($36m), including add-ons – for the Gunners’ academy graduate. Arsenal have rejected the bid, however.
Everton must now decide whether to increase their offer for a player who made 51 appearances last season in all competitions for Unai Emery’s side, scoring six goals.
Iwobi was a key player for Emery during his first campaign in charge at the Emirates, with no player in the squad featuring in more games than the young forward.
But he is not a guaranteed starter and the arrival of Nicolas Pepe from Lille and the return of Reiss Nelson following his loan spell with Hoffenheim, could see his opportunities limited further.
Speaking during the Africa Cup of Nations earlier this summer, where he helped Nigeria to a third-placed finish, Iwobi admitted that he would have to consider leaving his boyhood club if he believed he might struggle to get regular playing time.
“I am not one to chicken out,” he said. “I have had it all over the years, being told I’m not good enough. (Goal)
•Photo shows Alex Iwobi
Source Daily Sports
Posted August 8, 2019
You may also like...
Lookman bags brace, Samu scores in domestic Cup...
Napoli to Osimhen: Score 30 goals, get N120m...
Deportivo La Coruna Loan out Uzoho to Omonia...
Real Madrid’s Jovic Suffers Heel Break
Real Madrid’s Lucas Vazquez Out With Leg Injury...
Footballers Not A Priority For Vaccine - Fifa...

FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate
Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status
Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival
56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup
ICYMI: CAF reaffirms Morocco as host of WAFCON 2026, rejects postponement talk
PHOTOS: Kenya’s Ezra Kering wins 2026 Lagos city marathon
Chukwuemka prefers Austria to Nigeria
Enekwechi throws season best, Okezie finishes second in Serbia
Ogazi wins SEC Runner of the Week
Lookman has matched Osimhen’s impact – Peseiro
West Ham plot Chukwueze summer hijack
Tennis: Stakeholders dream big after Davis Cup promotion
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,556 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,865 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,777 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,417 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,331 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,249 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,116 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,665 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,835 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,365 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,758 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,222 views)